Saturday, May 30, 2009

scary spooky empty room ...

My little Livia has been sleeping in a big girl bed for a little over a month now and was doing great but this week I was sick and coughing so much that I guess i was waking her up. She would get out of bed and knock on the inside of her door super loudly ! I would open the door and bring her back into bed at it was 12am or 4 am or whatever am ... anyway 2 nights ago she woke at 12am and i took her back to bed but she wouldn't take it she wanted DORA I took her back to bed and said no it's sleep time it's still very dark out. Anyway on the fourth time of her knocking on the door I became very awake and just decided I would try and lay next to her in her bed ... well that worked except I so didn't want to start that habit but figured in a few days all our lives will change and we will no longer be 3 so I better take advantage of it and just lay with her till she falls back asleep ... she started whispering ¨chtaime maman¨ which means I love you mommy and ugh it melts my heart when I hear her say it as she puts so much love into her voice and grabs my arm to caress it ! Anyway after a while she falls asleep but im left wide awake and kind getting creaped out ... her room seems so big and empty and you can hear the noises from the furnace and just not a cozy feeling ... so I decided to do something about it ... we hadn't had time to properly fix up her room but figured if we atleast got the bed set up that would be good but after sleeping in the creepy huge room I needed to fix it up for her to be warm and inviting .. so yesterday my wonderful parents came to help me and boy did we spice up the room, my dad built the dresser we had ordered and put up frames and a mirror and I added the little touches like photos in the frames and her little lamp and baskets with all her teddys and another with books set up next to her laz boyish princess chair and seriously that made a huge difference ! now I feel better that my little girl is not in this scary empty room ! I bet you she wasn't even affrais but gosh I was haha :P

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun project. I love decorating a room and seeing it all come together.

    If you have some free time before next weekend post some pictures... I would love to see the little touches.

    Hope this week goes by smoothly for you and that you get rid of that cough so you can get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a great mom, Max, to be thinking of how Livia might look at her room and then making it so much better. Your parents are so terrific and supportive too, and I know they really help make things easier.

    You don't have long to go now! I hope you feel better so you can rest a bit before the 2nd. All the best to all of you!!!

    Cath
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should post pics of her new big girl room! And also of your new baby, mama! Congratulations, again. :) Hope you're doing well with your new baby.

    ReplyDelete