Monday, January 19, 2009

passing on ...

My biggest fear is death, death for myself, family, friends, even strangers ... It's something we can't avoid but it just doesn't change how scared of it I am.

I consider myself lucky i've never lost anyone other then the recent passing of my granfather about a week ago ( Jan 9) the reason I consider myself lucky is that my granfather was the oldest person close to me and well he had a great life and lived it to it's fullest. My granfather was a fighter, someone anyone would be proud of to have as a husband, father, granfather, great granfather, friend, etc... He was dedicated to the well being of others and had the best sense of humor right up to his passing. He made everyone smile, he made me smile ... He was a very social, heck I think he had a more social life then I do !

You always wish you had done more, that you had spent more time with the person. I feel that way but at the same time I charish the moments I did have with him and that my daughter got to meet him and spend time with him. I'm happy I got to show him my ultra sound pictures for the next baby, he said he thought child birth was a miracle ( which it is ) and he was amazed at the pictures of the little one.

I will miss him so much .. but I will take what I have come to learn from him and add them to my life values.

Je t'aime grand-papa, tu me manque enormement ....





No comments:

Post a Comment